This page provides access to spatial data files covering a range of features surveyed and mapped across the Ennerdale Valley. This data is provided for non profit research or educational purposes.
The files are provided as zip files containing Arc Gis shp,shx,dbf,sbn,sbx shapefiles.
Before downloading the data please download, complete and post or scan and email the signed wild ennerdale spatial data licence to Gareth Browning, Forestry England, Peil Wyke, Bassenthwaite Lake, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 9YG . Please note, you only need to send/email the last sheet of the form which you have signed.
If you do not have ArcGis and would still like to view the files you can download Arc Explorer which is available for free from ESRI. Arc Explorer will allow you to view and interrogate the data but not modify it.
- All the archaeological features wild ennerdale archaeology features
- The distribution of current woodland with broad species types as at January 2005. wild ennerdale current woodland
- A simple polygon file showing how Wild Ennerdale covers parts of three drainage basins wild ennerdale drainage basins
- Soils information for the originally afforested part of the valley wild ennerdale soils
- All three years NVC survey data in one shapefile wild ennerdale full nvc survey
- A simple file showing land ownership across the valley wild ennerdale ownership
- A point file showing the extent of scattered trees and shrubs in the valley. Based on combining field knowledge and aerial photography wild ennerdale scattered trees and scrub
- A polygon file showing the wild zones wild ennerdale wild zones
Other sources of spatial data relevant to Ennerdale