Our resources pages offer you a library of information, links and documents that we have produced or have found useful.
We are always taking photos of the valley and its great to be able to use these to visually see how the valley is changing. We have over 3500 images now.
We keep our images on Flickr . Please feel free to use any of the images in any positive and supportive way. If you do please credit "Wild Ennerdale".
Whilst Wild Ennerdale is forward looking we also want to celebrate the valleys history, how the landscape and the people that live and work in the valley have changed and adapted to the changing world around them.
The Library provides a reference page of articles, publications and web links relating to Wild Ennerdale, ecological restoration and wildness.
The library is a place of research, a tool for those wanting to find out more about wild issues and discover some of the articles that inspire and have been produced by the Wild Ennerdale Partnership.
- Defra Landuse Project Demonstrator Case Studies 2008-09 (Ennerdale p13-24)
- Environmental Impacts of Land management 2007(Ennerdale chapter 14)
Press and Media
- Campaign for National Parks "Raising the Bar" (June 2018) Ennerdale features on pages 27 to 29
- Two years at Blacksail Sail, England's loneliest hostel
- Wilderness reclaims the Ennerdale Valley (Guardian Photo Gallery by Joe Cornish Nov 2010)
- 20 Wild Places to stay in the Uk (August 2008)
- Wilder Parks can tame climate change threat (Dec 2007)
- Imagine a Britain Running Wild (Observer Aug 2007)
- Recall of the Wild (May 2007)
- The Wolf at Your Door (August 2005)
- The blessings of storm damage (Guardian Jan 2005)
Rivers and Water
- Wild Ennerdale IFM Magazine 2015 re-wilding and Giving Artic Charr a helping hand
- Wild River Wilder Valley - Institute of Fisheries Management Conference Presentation 2015 - benefits and lessons learnt from letting the River Liza find its own way through the Ennerdale forest. Abstract paper and Powerpoint with Notes
- River rehabilitation and large woody debris 2010 (Ennerdale p16 &17)
- Grazing Regimes for Nature Recovery 2020
- Natural grazing practices in the rewilding of cattle and horses, Rewilding Europe pdf guide
- 2013-09 Deadwood Survey Report
- Making Space for Nature 2010 Defra Report (Ennerdale mention p64)
- Population trends of Arctic Charr 2010
- A poster about the moraines at the east end of the valley with the permission of the author David J. Graham
- Wildland Research Institute Publications and Presentations
- A review of the benefits and opportunities attributed to Scotland’s landscapes of wild character (2006 ROAME No. F04NC18)
- A Working Definition of European Wilderness and Wild Areas
- Wild Europe
- European Wilderness Society
- Rewilding Europe
- European wilderness quality standard
- Rewilding Britain